58 pages • 1 hour readDave Pelzer
A modern alternative to SparkNotes and CliffsNotes, SuperSummary offers high-quality Study Guides with detailed chapter summaries and analysis of major themes, characters, and more. For select classroom titles, we also provide Teaching Guides with discussion and quiz questions to prompt student engagement.
Reading Check questions are designed for in-class review on key plot points or for quick verbal or written assessments. Multiple Choice and Short Answer Quizzes create ideal summative assessments, and collectively function to convey a sense of the work’s tone and themes.
Get access to this full Study Guide and much more!
1. Who is Dave Pelzer? How old is he and where does he live at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What TV show does Dave liken his family to before his abuse started in the 1960s?
3. Who are the members of the Pelzer family in Chapter 2?
4. Why is Dave’s mother crying as they stare at the Christmas tree in Chapter 2?
5. What does Dave’s mother start to call Dave once the abuse starts?
The SuperSummary difference
1. What do we learn about the appearance of Dave’s mother in Chapter 1?
A) She is as beautiful as he remembers her when he was much younger.
B) She has lost weight after starting a new exercise regime.
C) Her appearance has drastically changed over time; now she is usually hungover with swollen eyes and clumped hair.
D) She cares very much about her appearance; she always wears stylish clothing for her sons and husband.
2. How did Dave determine whether his mother would be in a good mood on a given day?
By Dave Pelzer