The Other Wes Moore Discussion Questions
1. Compare and contrast as many details as possible of both Wes Moores. What differences can you note, and how may they contribute to their very different futures?
2. Comment on the structure of the book. How does each chapter illustrate a specific concept?
3. Although the author states near the end of the book that his future was not determined by his changes of location, discuss how his different environments contributed to his success.
4. “Our blood-soaked and atrocity-littered past was important but…the future didn’t have to be its slave.” With reference to this quotation, draw parallels to the boys’ past and its effect on their futures.
5. The problematic subtitle of the book is “One Name, Two Fates”. Are the outcomes of both Wes Moores attributed to fate? Why or why not?
6. Why didn’t Wes’s positive time at the Job Corps have a lasting effect on his life?
7. Why did Valley Force Military Academy have such a lasting…