I Am Malala Essay Topics
- Malala’s grandfather appears to have limited support for his son. In contrast, Malala’s father fully supports her. How does her father’s support allow Malala to persevere? Include examples.
- Malala’s mother gave up going to school because her cousins stayed at home. How is Malala different and why might she have not been influenced by other girls?
- Malala shares a story about a TV show she watched. The show included a boy with a magical pencil. In what ways does the magical pencil relate to the life of her family and her own life?
- From the day Malala is born, her father is proud of her existence. He even calls her Jani Mun, or soulmate. Do you think the nickname is fitting? In what ways is Malala her father’s soulmate? In what ways is she not?
- After the flooding, Malala’s cousin calls Swat a valley of sorrow. Which event shaped…
This is just a preview. The entire section has 271 words. Click below to download the full study guide for I Am Malala.