- 81-page comprehensive study guide
- Features 58 chapter summaries and 6 sections of expert analysis
- Written by a literary scholar with a PhD in English and a Master's degree in Philosophy
Looking for Alaska Essay Topics
1. What is the “great perhaps” that Miles his seeking? And does he find it over the course of the novel?
2. One of Alaska’s favorite books is The General in His Labyrinth by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and the metaphor of the labyrinth is something to which Alaska and Miles devote considerable thought. How do they define this labyrinth throughout the novel? And is there a way out?
3. For their final World Religions exam, students are asked, “What is the most important question human beings must answer?” Imagine you are one of the students: What question would you select? And how would you explain your choice?
4. To what degree do we get to know Alaska during this novel? Do we see the real her or is our impression of her shaped by the narrator’s perspective? To what degree does he really know her?
5. While Miles likes reading biographies of…